Transitional Care and Nutrition
Self-Directed Continuing Education Course
Enter your information in the form on the right to begin taking the course!
The purpose of this course is to learn effective strategies to help patients to transition from an acute hospital stay to returning home or to another healthcare facility. The role of nutrition is key in executing a successful transitional care plan and is a contributing factor in reducing hospital readmission rates.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Correctly define care transition
- Describe the impact ineffective care transition practices have on hospital readmission rates and healthcare costs
- State the goals of transitional care models
- Describe the components of effective transitional care models
- List the benefits of nutrition care as part of care transition plans
- Identify older adults at-risk for malnutrition
Approved Clock Hours
The program has been approved by the FL Board of Nursing to provide registered nurses and licensed practical nurses with one clock hour, and by the Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide CCM board-certified case managers with one clock hour.